Thursday, February 28, 2008

#7 of 23 Things

Communication tools. Email - I have a few email addresses I keep track of. Work email, a couple personal emails, and our family email. I use my emails most days. Easy way to keep in touch with my daughter at college and my close friends who live around the US. I wish my parents had a computer and I could communicate with them by email, but I do not think they would know how to work a computer. They are not into all the new technical gadgets. The phone is good enough for them. Ha! In my work emails I have sent complete files and documents as attachments. Instant Messageing (IM) - I use IM for talking to my daughter. I have also used it on some web sites when I am ordering something and need help finding it, or have questions about it. It is nice to get your answers right away and not have to wait for a reply by email or the telephone. I have not ever been in a chat room. When IM with my daughter and she needs something she can not find, I have sent web site addresses and I have also sent her pictures. She has also sent me pictures and web sites by IM. My daughter and I have done live picture feed from her computer to my home computer. We both have cameras on top of our computers. After she got settled into her dorm room, she took the camera and went around the room so I could see what it looked like when it was all in order. So that is a really fun thing to have, I can see her as if she is in the room with me. Text Messageing - I have sent messages to my daughters cell phone from my IM account. I however have not mastered the text messageing on my own phone. I need to sit down some day and just learn it. Web Conferenceing - I have watched a few web seminars and I have also taken a short course on Web Junction on learning Access. It is really an easy way to learn something new and you can do it when you want and where you want. I really enjoyed that. So again, I use email and IM most days and I really enjoy using them. They are so much faster and you can answer your emails when you get the information you need and when you have the time. So now #7 of 23 is done.

No comments: